Sunday, May 4, 2008

Facebook Friends


Anyone who has used facebook understand what a "Facebook Friend" is. Theses are the people that you have had very limited contact with (or no contact at all) that request you as a friend. Warning: You may be a facebook friend. If this is the case, please do not continue reading.

There was a guy in high school who I maybe said 5 words to in the course of my high school experience. Now this was not you average 5 word sentence. I mean I said 5 single words at 5 different times to this guy (yes I kept count). The other day he requested me as a friend on facebook. I taken aback. This guy was asking me for permission to see some of the most private details of my life. Things like which Friends character am I or with whom I am in a complicated relationship or what my favorite book is. These are the types of things I hold dear.

I really didn't want to add him as a friend, but I wanted to look cool to my other facebook friends and now the total number of facebook friends has increased. For the most part, facebook friends aren't all that bad. Most of them are only looking to increase the number of friends they show to there own facebook friends. But this guy from high school is by far the worst kind of facebook friend --- He is a facebook spammer friend.

Spammers are the "friends" that invite you to add at least 28 applications a day and notify you of every uninteresting thing they do on facebook. Maybe they are just craving attention and just wanna be loved. Well if they were a real friend I might feel more inclined to give them attention, but there aren't. They are and will always be just a facebook friend.

2 comments:

The Stanley's said...

nice :) I couldn't agree more.

Kristy Lei Dittman said...

Do you realize there is an advertisement for Mexican Mail Order brides on your blog?