Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Evil Swivel Chairs


Now before everyone starts to get mad at me, I am not saying that all swivel chairs are evil, actually quite the contrary. I love swivel chairs more than I love ball-point pens, and that is saying something. What I hate though, are the swivel chairs that don’t lean back.

Today I got into work really looking forward to twirling and leaning in my very own swivel chair. You know that swivel chair that you have been using for years and you have it set just right. Well, today someone stole my chair and replaced it with a chair that swivels but is locked in an upright position

Now I have nothing against people who like to have good posture, but sitting in a swivel chair that is locked straight up makes me feel like I should be a productive employee. When I am able to lean back in my swivel chair, that guilt that people feel when they are playing solitaire at work just seems to fade away like an uncomfortable dream involving the French.

Luckily I still have a cube within 20 feet of a window that overlooks the parking lot. I could spend days looking out that window instead of doing work.

0 comments: