Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Stencils Are The Best!!!!

I don't think I have met a stencil I did not like. If there is a better way of making the same repetitive patterns and letters over and over again, I have not heard about it.

All my friends think I have amazing calligraphy skills, but my secret is simply stencils. Sure it may take more time than it is worth, but how else can you write things on normal paper and have the world believe it is typed? I once tried cutting letters out of magazines and arranging them into words and sentences for an essay I wrote in High School, but for some reason the teacher got all freaked out and called the police. After having to go through a costly court battle about my intentions, I decided I would only use stencils from that day forward.

And stencils are not just for writing letters about how peoples loved ones can be returned, but they can also be used for cool pictures. Like check out this cool stencil ->
I used that to make myself a tattoo for Christmas. It is funny because I see the Pope as more of an AK-47 guy. That gun totally doesn't suit his personality type. I think it is called ironic. But I digress. Stencils are and always will be off all of the following: da chain, da hook, da hinge, and da faschizzle.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

stencils ARE the best
show me some more
joel.brodrick@live.com

Anonymous said...

Hey man, my name is matt and it would be sweet if you could send me some stencils. could you make/do you have any piano key stencils?

Anonymous said...

Hey My name is Arlo and I'm an avid stenciler my self i really wanted that pope stencil to put on the wall of my room if you could send it to me that would be awesome!!!

Arlohimes@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

Hey man, My name is Richard and I'm pretty into making my own stencils, although i haven't been doing it for long. I was wandering if u could send me a load of designs for sum inspiration please? That would be ace. Cheers. richardrentell@hotmail.co.uk

kissthisangel said...

I'm actually doing an art project on Banksy at the moment, would you mind e-mailing me some of your stencils and maybe, if you're not really busy, answer a few questions about how you made them, if you wouldnt mind please E-mail me, thanks

kissthisangel@googlemail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey, i've got some friends in a band and they have a gig coming up soon and I'm making some t'shirts for them. I came across yor sick pope stencil, I was wondering if you could send me some others, they're really good! Thanks!
oos@live.ca

Unknown said...

Hey man, wicked design. What others do you have. Email me dominique.chanovre@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hey man my names owen. i looove stencils there awsome. can u please send me some. oh and please send me the pope one coz thats awsome. cheers.
blinkalive@hotmail.com

Unknown said...

sup, if you dont mind sending me some more stencils like those, that d be great !

niels.vda@gmail.com

cheers !

Unknown said...

Hey u got some TIGHT stencils and i was wondering if you could send some to me 2bmxer2@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

where can i get stencils to print? like this one.

Anonymous said...

can you send me this stencil please?
sts14789@yahoo.com

Rohaun Artist-Designer said...

i plan on on using a stencil in my live art. a total immersion in hip hop art. like a reinactmen of the process or bombing, stenciling, music, and iconography..check out some other things ive done. www.rohaun.com/today.htm